Last Modified: July 30, 2019
Collection of Personal Information
To create an account and buy or sell goods on the Second Love Marketplace, we may collect your:
- Billing Address;
- Shipping address (if different);
- Email address;
- Phone number;
- Government issued identification, which we request in some cases to confirm the identity of sellers;
- Comments, feedback, reviews and other information you upload or provide to us;
- IP address, which may be automatically logged by the Second Love Marketplace;
- Website statistics and analytics data collected by third-party software providers, such as Google Analytics, regarding your use of the website. For more information visit Google information page at https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage;
- Profile photos (where you elect to upload them); and
- All other information you elect to provide us.
Credit Card and Payment Processing Companies
The Second Love Marketplace uses a third-party payment processor, PayPal Canada Co. and their related and affiliated entities (collectively “PayPal”) to process payments from you. While we do not store your full credit card number ourselves, we may have access to your name, the name on the credit card, the credit card expiration date and other details via our payment processors. Although we may host or embed their forms on the Second Love Marketplace, when you provide your payment details, you are providing them directly to PayPal. You consent to their collection and use of your personal information in doing so.
Providing us With the Personal Information of Someone Else
The Use of Your Personal Information
The collection of your personal information may also be used to:
- Confirm your identity if you are selling goods;
- Make payments to you, if you are a seller;
- Facilitate the shipment of goods you order or are returning. Your name and shipping address will be provided directly to each seller you purchase goods from. In the event of a product return, as a seller, your name and shipping address to process the return will be provided directly to the buyer;
- Provide or direct to third-party payment processors to facilitate payment;
- Promote our website and product offerings to you in various forms of communication, including via email. You may elect to unsubscribe from promotional offers at any time;
- Provide you with customer support on using the Second Love Marketplace;
- Communicate with you about your account and products on the website;
- Bill and collect money owed to us;
- Pursue available legal remedies to us and to prosecute or defend a court, arbitration or similar proceeding;
- Send or display informational and promotional materials from us, our partners or advertisers or third parties to you;
- To meet legal requirements; and
- To enforce compliance with any terms and conditions and applicable law.
Disclosure Pursuant to Court Order, Subpoena or Other Legal Process
We reserve the right to provide your content and personal information to third parties if required by law (such as in response to a subpoena, court order or other legal process in any jurisdiction), and to cooperate with law enforcement authorities in the investigation of any criminal or civil matter. If we are required by law to make any disclosure of your content or personal information, we may, but are not obligated to, provide you with written notice (to the extent permitted by law) prior to such disclosure so that you may take appropriate action.
The Disclosure of Your Personal Information and Access to It
We may share your personal information with employees to use that information in connection with one or more of the purposes for which that personal information was collected.
We also operate the Second Love Marketplace in conjunction with our independent contractors and service providers. Our independent contractors may have access to, and store your personal information, in providing services to us or providing you with access to the Second Love Marketplace.
We may use a variety of service providers, servers, email providers, online software providers, advertisers and employees in locations both inside and outside of Canada, which may make your personal information the subject of foreign laws and foreign legal proceedings. If you have questions on our use of such third-party service providers, please contact our Privacy Officer by e-mail at email@example.com.
We may also disclose your personal information to our successors (if our business or the Second Love Marketplace is acquired by another legal entity) or any assignee of our assets.
WHILE WE TAKE MEASURES TO PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION, YOU AGREE THAT, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL WE, OUR AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, EMPLOYEES, CONTRACTORS, AGENTS, SUPPLIERS, OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE, HOWSOEVER CAUSED, FOR THE LOSS OR THEFT OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION, OR ANY DAMAGES CAUSED, AS A RESULT THEREOF, SO LONG AS WE WERE NOT DIRECTLY GROSSLY NEGLIGENT IN THE PROTECTION OF SAID INFORMATION.
Retention of Your Personal Information
We keep your personal information for as long as it is required for the purpose for which it was collected. There is no single retention period applicable to the various types of personal information collected. If you would like us to delete your personal information, please contact us.
What are Cookies?
Cookies are small text files sent to and automatically downloaded by your web browser (assuming you have cookies enabled) when you visit our website. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows our website and third-party software providers we use to recognize you, track your activity across our and other websites and is usually used in conjunction with logging your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address.
Cookies can be “persistent” or “session” cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your computer (in your browser files) or mobile device when you go offline, while session cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser.
Can you delete Cookies once downloaded?
Most web browsers also permit you to delete cookies downloaded from accessing our website. This is typically done via your web browser’s settings, which vary depending on which web browser you use. For details on managing cookies settings using:
- Chrome, visit https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32050;
- Firefox, visit https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/delete-cookies-remove-info-websites-stored;
- Safari, visit https://support.apple.com/guide/safari/manage-cookies-and-website-data-sfri11471/mac; and
- For any other web browser, please visit your web browser’s official web pages.
For example, cookies are used in connection with our use of Google LLC’s Google Analytics. For more information on Google Analytics and how cookies are used by Google Analytics, see Google LLC’s information page at https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage.
- Remember choices you have made on the website, such as your language of preference or region;
- Target advertising or to customize advertising across various websites (not just our own) and make such advertisements more relevant to you.